Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yahoo! Answers questions - eight

My grandfather had always collected old issues of Playboy, Club, etc. throughout the 1950s, 60s, and 70s. He must have had over a thousand copies in his garage. When I was a young boy he caught me looking at them and it became an ongoing family joke. We bring it up frequently and everyone laughs. Last year, when I went to visit, he said if I ever wanted them to just take some because he believed they would end up in the trash eventually. I made a mental note. Last week I stopped by their house and looked in the garage to see if their car was there. It wasn't, but I did see a pile of Playboys stacked next to the trash can. They were from the fifties and I thought they might be collectibles so I picked a few issues up and took them with me, only to find my grandparents pulling in the driveway. Grandpa, who has horrible Alzheimer's, came running from the car calling me a thief. My grandma was shocked that I was stealing grandpas "smut" and I should be ashamed of myself. I tried to explain that he told me I could have them and that he doesn't remember but my grandma wouldn't settle down. Now everyone thinks I'm a Playboy thief. My mom won't talk to me and my sister said today that I was "as disgusting as ever"
What do I do?

Best answer- Grandpa and grandma are hypocrite freaks. I mean seriously he bought all of those books and kept them in their for years?? Grampa's laughing at you, are you serious. End up in the trash eventually, sounds like they are prized possessions to them.

My response- yes, they are hypocrites and they are freaks. All I wanted was a little antique smut but thanks to grandpa and his little disease, I have to stick to my sears catalog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your response was just the laugh I needed on this Monday morning.

strangeloop said...

hey, anything to help my devoted followers.

ilikevinyl said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk

its just like
its just like a mini mall

Labels