Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yahoo! Answers questions - One

I need constant brain stimulation. When I'm bored, I get desperate for anything that will turn my gears and inspire me, and lately, I've been very, very desperate. Until I discovered Yahoo Answers. It's basically a big Q and A forum with an ass load of topics and no policing force to catch delinquent posters.

I will list a few of my questions along with the best answers, and you will all see why I love doing this.

Accidentally squashed neighbors cat.I Need help?

My neighbors and I don't particularly get along. They have had problems with my "free spirited" lifestyle ever since I moved in. We have been in several arguments and they avoid me at all costs. I, personally don't have a problem with them, but keep my distance, knowing their feelings about me.
Last week I had a party in my back yard, we got a little drunk and loud and they called the cops. They were all standing on their front steps as the police officer put me in the car. Out of rage and anger I yelled "I will get you back for this, I swear on my life!!" I didn't mean it at all and I had no intentions on actually doing anything to them.
This morning I got in my car and as I backed out of the driveway, I heard a loud SKREEETCH! It was their beloved pet cat Sammy, she was apparently sleeping in my wheel well.
The cat was pretty tore up and it was quite the ugly sight. I quickly sprayed off my car with a hose and placed the cat on their porch so they could give it a proper
burial. Now they think I did it on purpose! They have been banging on my door all morning, but I wont answer it. What should I do? Please help!

Best answer- Leave em a note and tell 'em next time it'll be one of their kids.
That'll shut em up right quick.

Longest answer- This is just awful...for ALL of you. I'm going to try not to appear as though I'm lecturing you but please, in the future remember to "keep your words short and sweet. You never know which ones you'll eat" okay?
There were hard feelings already but I understand how upsetting this must be for you, the one on the inside of that door. I am inclined to believe you didn't hurt Sammy on purpose. Give them that chance. They're angry and I've no doubt you must be scared now. But YOU must understand that part of the reason they are getting increasingly aggitated is because you're hiding from them. I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT YOU GO OUTSIDE TO CONFRONT THESE PEOPLE. But you MUST talk to them. Don't get the police into a situation unless they are kicking your door or threatening you, please. Call them on the phone if you have their number... say something truthful like "I know you keep beating on the door but I was afraid you'd hurt me if I opened it. I swear to God I didn't hurt Sammy on purpose!"
Put a note on your door that says "I AM AFRAID TO OPEN THE DOOR, PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN!"
Go TO the door and talk to them...don't open it until you've made contact and everyone calms down. Be honest, tell them you've got a big mouth and you put your foot in it. Above all tell them you're SORRY. If you would never have hurt Sammy on purpose then TELL THEM that.
Can you imagine what they must be going through? If they loved this cat so much it was as if you'd laid their dead, mangled child on their porch and walked away. They are devastated and out of devastation comes anger and the need to blame someone. You've unwittingly made yourself the target of that anger. Only you can stop what your words created.
They're human..just like you are. Don't play that "well, she shouldn't have been outside" game with these people. It's not going to help. It sounds to me as though they've formed an opinion of you without really knowing you. Perhaps given the chance, they could see for themselves that you are not the type of person who would do such a thing intentionally.
Please make some effort to reach out to them provided they don't turn psycho on you and start throwing stuff at your house or such as that. I think you can work this out.
If you don't? You're going to spend a long time behind that door feeling just as you do now.

No comments:

Labels